You are here
INVOKANA®: A convenient once-daily oral tablet1
For patients starting on INVOKANA®1
- The recommended starting dose
- Approved for use in patients with an eGFR ≥45 mL/min/1.73 m2
For additional control1
- For additional glycemic control in patients tolerating the 100-mg dose
- Approved for use in patients with an eGFR ≥60 mL/min/1.73 m2
- INVOKANA® may be taken with or without food
INVOKANA® 300 mg, when taken before a mixed meal1*:
- Delayed intestinal glucose absorption and reduced postprandial glucose excursion
SELECT IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Renal Impairment: Efficacy and safety were evaluated in a study that included patients with moderate renal impairment (eGFR 30 to <50 mL/min/1.73 m2). These patients had less overall glycemic efficacy and a higher occurrence of adverse reactions related to reduced intravascular volume, renal-related adverse reactions, and decreases in eGFR compared to patients with mild renal impairment or normal renal function (eGFR ≥60 mL/min/1.73 m2); patients treated with 300 mg were more likely to experience increases in potassium. INVOKANA® is not recommended in patients with severe renal impairment (eGFR <30 mL/min/1.73 m2), with end-stage renal disease, or receiving dialysis.
*In single-dose pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies in healthy people and in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Learn about SAVINGS AND CAREPATH
Reference: 1. INVOKANA® [prescribing information]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.