For patients starting on INVOKANA®1
- The recommended starting dose
- Approved for use in patients with an eGFR ≥45 mL/min/1.73 m2
For additional control1
- For additional glycemic control in patients tolerating the 100-mg dose
- Approved for use in patients with an eGFR ≥60 mL/min/1.73 m2
INVOKANA® 300 mg when taken before a mixed meal1*:
- Delayed intestinal glucose absorption and reduced postprandial glucose excursion
*In single-dose pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies in healthy people and in patients with type 2 diabetes.
-Assess renal function before initiating INVOKANA® and periodically thereafter.
-In patients with volume depletion not previously treated with canagliflozin, normalize volume status before initiating INVOKANA®.
Reference: 1. INVOKANA® [prescribing information]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.